Stephane's Spicy Nuts!!!
Heres how to eat some sweet nuts.
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (150 degrees C).
1. Put a pound and a half of mixed nuts in a big bowl. Whatever mix is fine but make sure you get raw b/c they're gonna roast in the oven.
2. In a separate bowl you'll need to make the spice mix. The following measurements should be used as a guideline:
- 1 C Brown Sugar (more or less depending on how naughty you want to be that day) :)
- 1 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Basically you can add or take out whatever and make them your own.
3. Take 2 egg whites in a separate bowl and whip them until theyre a little frothy. This is gonna act as your glue. Pour over nut mix and toss until coated.
4. Pour spice mix over nuts and toss until well coated.
5. Lay nuts out on a cookies sheet in one layer and bake for an hour.
6. Every 15 min you have to mix the nuts around a bit to prevent sticking.
7. It should take about an hour, but when the spices on the outside are dry, they're done.
8. Let them cool and enjoy!